Satellite
  • Day 274

    Budapest

    January 2, 2018 in Hungary ⋅ ⛅ 5 °C

    Oh Lordy we struggled today.

    We left the hostel at 5:15 to get to the bus station by 6.

    The journey to Budapest was pretty straight forward only we were on the left side of the bus and my neck doesn't like it nearly as much hahah 😅😅

    To our total dismay we arrived 30 mins early (8:20)
    We couldn't even drop our bags off until 12 😖😖😖😖
    So basically what we did was sit in the bus station until 9 (a lot of moaning and groaning was coming out of the both of us hahahah)
    At 9 Will was over it so we walked towards the apartment which I though was premature but I obliged.

    For some reason my backpack was KILLING me today. I had to break 3 times.
    I don't know why.

    No food on the way.

    However to my great great great great joy we found the Corvin centre (i remember its name because I view it now only with great love) which opened at 10 and had a food court. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

    We plonked our stuff and found a wifi zone and waited for the shops to properly open.
    Had a feed, tried for the 5th time to contact our host (bloody useless) and then I fell asleep on the table. Totally shattered.

    I sent her a message yesterday asking her how/where we drop our bags.
    She didn't respond so I messaged her telling her now we had comfortable seats we would jut wait until the apartment was ready.
    The cleaner did a super rush job so it's not spotless but we hardly care - we got in at 1:15 only after I continued to harass our host about getting into the building.
    We needed a code and it didn't occur to her to tell us beforehand🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

    The cleaning lady let us in and then put us on the phone with the host - she forgot to give us the key to the second door so she would be over sometime later.
    We said that's fine and then proceeded to have a 7 hour nap ahahahh
    We were so exhausted.

    At 8pm the lady still hadn't come. Like honestly woman. We can't leave without the second key..
    we were hungry and so I messaged her again telling her we were leaving and that i was leaving the first door ajar.

    Blah blah blah
    We went and bought groceries.
    We cooked lasagne for dinner.
    We also bought snacks for a movie night.

    I messaged the host again and asked for toilet paper...

    At 9pm she turned up.
    Gave me the key and toilet paper and immediately left.

    So disorganized lol

    We watched the muppets Christmas carol, the blues brothers and an episode of Neil deGrasse Tysons space show
    Now bed again,
    Read more