Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 283

    Graz

    January 11, 2018 in Austria โ‹… โ›… 3 ยฐC

    BIG DAY.

    So the day began at 9. I forced myself up. Vicki had of course set up breakfast. ๐Ÿ˜…

    We left soon after and we just walked around the city so we could see it in daylight. I like it way better than Vienna. It's smaller and cosy.
    She then took us to see the clock tower - to get up the mountain we had to take a lift which cost 1.50€ - happy to pay than take the gazillion stairs (I think they were shut anyway - maybe too Icey?)
    Up we went. The view was nice. Got a few pics.
    The clock tower isn't AMAZING but it's still cool. Got a photo with it too, of course. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผ

    To get back down we got a train thingy like the one at the blue mountains. It was a novelty ride and I think aimed at children and elderly. I enjoyed it more than I should have ๐Ÿ˜‚

    We then got on a tram to the bus station and from there 2 more buses to a little town called Thal. I couldn't have navigated our way there by ourselves. Very thankful for Vicki.

    So why did we come here?
    The Arnold Schwarzenegger museum of course. ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Vicki had never been either so she was happy to take us.
    It's not in the most convenient location because it's set up in his actual childhood home.
    Cute village life for the win.

    There were heaps of transformers around the place and we don't really understand why but still they added a crafty touch to the place lol.
    I know he was in terminator but Will said they were not them lol.

    Ok so up the street we went and into the house.
    The lady was nice and gave us the discount price cause Vicki told her we are unemployed hahah Cha -Ching.

    First room was about his childhoods, second was his political career, third was his Hollywood stuff and fourth was his body building. His kitchen and toilet were also on display though not with the original original items.

    Room one had cute photos, room two has awards and a big ass desk, third had some inspirational speechs and movie posters and props and fourth had his weightlifting gear.
    I actually really enjoyed it. I think everyone did.
    As you leave there is a sign "I'll be back" hahaha
    Not funny and yet really funny.
    Well placed haha.
    In the yard were more transformers.
    We walked back to the bus stop except on the way we went by a frozen lake! It was awesome to see ducks actually standing on it.
    Naturally we threw rocks and sticks at it to try break it but every time it either bounced or the sticks broke - even the thick branches which gave us a super clever idea - lets try stand on it! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    Me and Vicki, after a lot of trial and error and hesitation were both successful. ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    Will didn't risk it - he is much bigger haha it was so much fun!
    Won't lie I felt a little like Jesus.

    Got back on the bus and did the long trip home (about 40mins)
    We went out and got a pizza before heading back to the Apartment- we also bought 4 packets of taco flavoring ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Went home, packed and walked to the station.

    Super awkward moment when she was like can I give you my card details so you can give me the money for the train tickets.
    Ermmm I have in writing you saying you didn't want our money but of course we couldn't say no. It put a sort of sour vibe on the end. Not because we had to pay - of course we had to pay - we expected too but once she offered to do it herself that expectation went away and because she did we have shouted her a few things to pay her back a bit of it and as a way to show appreciation. We wouldn't have bought her dinner if we knew we were paying for our tickets.
    In conclusion Just didn't like she changed her mind rather than we had to pay.
    This negativity was all internal and we parted on happy terms at the station. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
    Happy to leave - keeping convo going is exhausting haha

    So the journey to Hinterstroder consisted of 2 trains and a bus.
    Sooooo lucky we got the bus because we had 4 minutes from when our train arrived to find it and it was the last for the night. I am so thankful I jotted down the company name because we would have missed it otherwise. It's a 6 person van, not a bus. Not what I was looking for. It's pitch black with no lights so praise the lord. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
    So grateful we made it.
    The bus took us 11km to our hotel which on arrival no one answered the door for 5 minutes which was stressful! It crossed my mind we would have to sleep ourside but eventually someone came and we got into our room.

    Cue relaxation time!
    Read more