Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 299

    Transit

    January 27, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    Glad we only had to stay one night. I was scared I was going to fall out of bed. Lol

    Reception wasn't going to give us back our towel deposit. Ruuuude.
    I won in the end. 🤙🏽

    Walked and got breakfast.

    Our bus was delayed by 50 minutes which caused total chaos because there is only one flixbus bus stop in Ljubljana (normally 5+) and people from 3 different buses where waiting.
    One African man lost his freaking mind.
    Our bus was for 9:50 and his was for 10:25 - he didn't seem to understand that it wasn't his bus and that ours was delayed so maybe his was too. he pushed through the crowd and started screaming at the driver dropping every swear word at the top of his lungs. Like that was gonna help 🙄
    Sorry mate, not your bus.
    He kept saying "my bus didn't come"
    MAYBE ITS LATE LIKE EVERYONE ELSES YOU IDIOT.
    He stormed away and will have missed his bus if it did come late.

    Got on the bus and away we went.
    At the Italian border things got interesting.

    We all had to show our passports but then the bus suddenly smelt like weed so the customs offices went ballistic and took the 2 people in front of us off the bus.

    They could still smell it on the bus and some Spanish girl goes to them
    "It smells like weed, yes?"

    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

    I would never mention drugs to a federal officer even though we all knew the smell hahahaha
    It was seriously funny she was having the time of her life
    She continued on saying
    She was having a great little gossip saying to everyone
    "The smell got less when they left... I don't want to say anything...."

    Very funny.

    The 2 outside being searched looked super relaxed.
    We all had our bags searched except randomly not me because it wasn't at my feet.
    They looked under the carpet and everything.

    after a half hour the 2 people were allowed back on because they couldn't find it.

    As we were driving away the dude PULLED OUT A JOINT FROM HIS POCKET.
    Like holy hell they conducted the worlds worst drug search.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS
    The couple laughed about it.
    I witnessed an international drug smuggle today.
    Feeling worldly.

    We kept driving and considering the start of the day the end of the trip was uneventful.

    Made it to Venice airport.
    What a stupid airport. No signage. Our check in was in the arrivals not departures - geez I wonder why we were confused...
    stupid.

    Check In was efficient so we went straight through security.
    My bag got pulled over. I always have anxiety it's because of my meds but it never is. They didn't find anything and on we went.

    We waited in the cafeteria for 2 hours then eventually boarded our plane.
    We watched the bag guy load everything in and I bet everyone has broken stuff. His performance was a "current affairs" worthy. Just chucking everything with not a single care or consideration.

    This is such a big day. 3 countries in 12 hours.

    The flight to Barcelona took 1.45hrs.
    Non eventful and I think we both snoozed.

    Ryanair is great.

    Arrived in Spain but had to wait 20 mins for our bags to come out.

    My mugs made it I think (haven't properly checked but they feel whole through the top of the bag.)

    So on the bus, we were at the back with another girl.
    An hour before Venice airport she got off at the first stop just past the border...
    She was on our plane.... ermmmmmm why not get the bus direct to the airport?
    What a Wally.

    Anyways,

    Had to find the shuttle bus.

    Went the wrong way but after a lot of unnecessary exercise we found the stop. It's the opposite direction to the sign...
    a 40 minutes journey to the city centre.
    From there a 2km walk to our hostel.
    Found it 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

    So we don't have room keys but wristband things like the locker keys at swimming pools. Wills doesn't even fit his wrist lol.

    Top bunk again 😪
    Honestly my least favorite thing is making up a top bunk.
    Freaking impossible when you can't reach.

    We went to the main square but as it's a Saturday night everything was chockers. It was insane!
    Everything had an hour wait so we just kept walking and walking.
    We eventually found a cafe. It did the job.
    Back home and have spoken to some Americans in our room who are very 'eh'.
    More self absorbed than the average bear.
    They are all 20 so hopefully time will help. Lol

    Barcelona is the most like Sydney thus far.
    Maybe cause of the sandstone vibes. ?

    This whole trip I have grown a chin pimple in the same spot every few weeks. It's like a small island,
    Read more