Satellite
  • Day 300

    Barcelona

    January 28, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    The dorm room doesn't have blinds so it was very bright all night but I got to sleep around 1:30 which is better than normal.
    We got up at 10:30 and headed to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch because we really want chicken wings haha
    It hit the spot as usual but we now can't afford to eat the rest of the day 😅😅😅😅
    We were the first customer of the day so everyone was in a good mood and not over life yet.

    We then had an hour to kill before our tour so we walked a little bit to see the Casa Batllo. An awesome design by the famous architect Antoni Gaudi.
    It was such a strange design but still really really cool. It was like waves and the colours were fun.
    The building next to it was also bright and colourful.
    We walked through the city to find out meeting spot.
    On the way we saw a homeless man with 2 dogs and a CAT. I gave him money because that is awesome. It had a lead but it wasn't being used. He was just chilling with his family hahaha.

    First impressions are excellent. Loving the city.
    Currently waiting for our guide to show up :)
    There is a penis cactus behind us. (Photo)

    Righto so our guide was Leon and I was happy he was our guide until he actually properly began.
    What a loon. He was either high or had undiagnosed ADHD because he was just so twitchy and all over the shop in every possible way. He never finished a sentence. I have never met someone with less of a filter - words literally fell out and he actually had to correct himself a lot because he said the wrong fact because he didn't first process before saying. He was insane. And he swore a lot which was sometimes fine and funny and sometimes uncomfortable.
    I didn't like the tour because it was like he was self conscious and wanted us to enjoy but was second guessing what we wanted. I just want to be told what to do. I don't want to lead the group that's his job.
    Same problem with info - he would start a story get halfway and be like oh no you don't care.
    If you start you need to finish.
    I learnt very little cause I couldn't keep up with his train of though.

    So anyway he didn't really take us to see anything 🤔 we walked around and stopped in random spots.
    The only thing I liked or understood was the Barcelona cathedral, Jewish quarter (I was able to keep up with his history lesson on this part) and the old Catalan Parliment.
    He took us to a lot of places people were buried or rather nearby.
    I liked the Catalan martyr bit. It has an eternal flame to remember them. He gave us his political info on Catalonia, it's flag and history.

    If it does ever get its independence back it will really annoy me. Have I then been to Spain? Or have I been to Catalonia?
    The only thing I will know is that i have been to Barcelona.

    He gave this uncomfortably long poem at the end. It went for a solid 5 minutes - though very good it was awkward.

    We gave him 10 euro cause I know he has to pay the tour company 3 euro per person on his tour so we felt obliged to at least cover him.

    We ended up at some place....
    inside are ruins.....
    that's all I can say in the subject....

    Both of our backs were really sore so we sat for a long time before going back to the hostel.

    3 people left so I stole a bottom bunk because this hostel doesn't have assigned beds. 🎉🎉

    I napped...

    We went out for dinner to have a 'wok and go'
    Barcelona is expensive 😭😭😭😭

    Walked home and now in bed.
    Keen for tomorrow. Gonna see the cathedral and park :)
    Read more