Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 302

    Barcelona

    January 30, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Had a cute little acidic vomit during the night.
    Well, not cute and not little.

    This mornings horror is that it just cost us $35 for 2 whopper meals.
    Fuck you Europe.

    We headed back to the Barcelona cathedral.
    The cathedral is dedicated to Eulalia of Barcelona. A martyrdom during Roman times in the city.
    She was subjected to 13 types of torture (one for each year of her life) and finally was beheaded. The story goes that when her head came off a dove flew out of her neck.
    Because of this in the church courtyard are 13 geese - they did have doves but they kept escaping...hahaha

    Her crypt was in the centre of the church.
    Inside was lovely as churches always are.

    This are is my favourite part of the city.

    We then walked home for a poo break.

    We were going to go to the Barcelona soccer stadium but it was just too much of a hassle. If we planned to actually go in it would be worth it but not to stand out the front.

    We ended up walking down to the water instead.

    Lots of fancy pants boats!!
    This section of the city was also nice. We walked along the beach boardwalk.
    Lots of Africans selling shit BUT unbelievably they didn't hassle you!!!
    How it should be done.
    We just watched our surroundings for a long time then walked home for our usual daily nap 😂

    On our walk home we saw their version of arch de triumph and a massive protest. We walked around it but everyone had their Catalonia flags, yellow anything/everything and face masks of someone. I think their president who is currently hiding in Belgium 🤔🤔
    Its all very messy and confusing lol.
    It was cool to see all walks of life protest. There were a lot of very old people.

    It doesn't sound like we do much (which we often dont) but today my phone tells me I walked 11.km and did 18,000+ steps.

    Spain is a ridiculous place and they don't eat until very late. We signed up for the hostel dinner tonight because it wasn't seafood woohoo
    At 9:30 it got served. It was delicious! 6€ each soooo goooood.

    We spoke to some Americans and they were so loud we were the only ones enjoying their company ahhaha loved them.

    We are in bed and the guy next to me reeks of weed!
    Read more