Satellite
  • Blue mountain hike

    January 15, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    So the day plans started out because I wanted to buy a tea pot from a place in the blue mountains and conned Sachin into driving me by saying we could go for a hike after.
    Well not really con because I’m happy to hike but yay.

    We/he 😏 drove the 1.5 hours to get there and I was so sad, my brain had made up the awesomeness. I had been there before for a high tea with Helen, Sue, Jess, Jax and mum and remembered wanting to buy all the teapots.
    Only....
    Once we asked for help the worker did point out some awesome ones though.
    I wanted a bright, colourful one but have gone for a white one with an octopus for a handle haha can’t wait to hear what Will thinks hahahah

    Drove to the start of the hike - had a little troubles finding the entrance but we got there.
    We walked one way and found the Katoomba Falls which were very nice. It had a lot of people just enjoying the water with there shoes off cause today was about 35° HOT HOT HOT. Lotssss of sweat.

    We enjoyed the lookouts then found a new route which took us down so many stairs. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds.
    This route was much cooler as the canopy protected us from the sun.
    We just kept going down never ending stairs.
    Eventually found another waterfall.
    The ground was kinda muddy and Sachin mentioned leeched so I was like a ninja through the wet sections

    HIGH KNEES 🏃🏻

    The next waterfall was much bigger. Sach is a bad bad man and ignored the sign and went over the barrier to take photos. To be fair, lovely photos haha

    And so began the walk back up 😪😪😪😪

    My legs were better than expected considering the shakes I had on the way down. No knee pain woohoo.
    It was just the heart rate an cardio aspect but I did well. good practice for me and Will for EBC I think.
    Sachin’s improvement is mind boggling. The thought of him going on a hike last time I seen him (62kg) ago was laughable.
    He kept up with me. Proud!
    Finally made it back up where we sat the. Headed to the car completely dripping. I was at least.
    Read more