Satellite
  • Birthday

    February 17, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    Ashley, Emily, Michelle and I went to TGIFridays at Macquarie for dinner and drinks.
    Emily organised with the staff for them to do an mortifyingly loud an embarrassing birthday performance for me in front of the whole resturant. Its just so awkward. Like where are you meant to look? But judging off conversations I’ve had with others - I don’t think anyone has figured out how to act or where to look 😅😅
    It was pulled off very well cause I saw them walk in with a cake but completely forgot about it until it got brought out.

    We went down to ice skating. Michelle and Ashley hadn’t never done it before so I was extra excited. Ashley got it quickly, Michelle stayed friends with the wall.

    I got a whopper of a blister but did well enough :)
    We had so much fun. Everyone enjoyed it not just me so that was extra special for me.
    We went back up for cocktails at TGIFridays. Michelle left and Em’s mum came to pick us up to take us back to her house.

    We got a lot of blankets and made a fort. Loved it. Didn’t look nearly as good as the ones from the movies though haha.

    They bought me a salt lamp for my present. LOVE IT.
    we watched silence of the lambs and then passed out.

    In the morning Em’s mum served us a feast - bloody Europeans!! 😂

    Mum is away because Nana is in the hospital so my bday dinner got cancelled. It’s fine though, I’m just glad someone is with Nana.

    Side story: mum called me say Thursday night to tell me Nana was sick in the hospital with possible phnemonia. This is extra serious because of her leukemkia so I asked her if I should prep myself and She said yes.
    So the next day dad texts me and goes “you need to call mum”
    And I thought to myself
    This is it. She had died.
    So I removed myself from the lounge room and found a private room bracing for the news.
    ...Mum just wanted to tell me Nana was in the hospital and she was going to Port over the weekend.
    SHE FORTOT WE HAD THE CONVERSATION.
    I was like GODDAMMIT MUM I THOUGHT NANA DIED?!!

    Fuck me.

    It’s obvious to me now but may not be if I read this when 70... mum use to lose her memory once she had taken her sleeping pills. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

    They bought me a camera for my birthday for me to take to Everest. blessed!! ❤️❤️

    Will took me out to dinner at hurricanes. ❤️
    Read more