Satellite
  • Day 5

    Day 5

    August 22, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Sunburn is baaaaaaaaad.

    Walked to the turtle meet point - names were on the list today - phew!
    We didn’t put sunscreen on cause they said they had some special reef safe sunscreen so we were trying to avoid the sun as much as possible before getting on the boat.
    Fucking hate this sand.
    HURTS MY FOOTSIES.

    Got on the boat. They drove out a little bit (not too far) to turtle canyon. They gave us our gear and in we went.
    Lots of turtle! 🤗🤗🤗
    Saw at least 10 and got quite close to one cause it came up to have a breath. I love their heads. And eye shape.
    Saw lots of fishies too.

    Then went on a boat ride. Bumpy AF. Got drenched and Jo vomitted.
    They gave her a bucket just in time. lol
    It was promoted as dolphin spotting but it was way too choppy.

    So the sunscreen they gave us was so thick and disgusting AND DID NOT WORK.
    I am red raw! Sunburn on top of sunburn - send help. 😭😭😭😭

    Me Jo and Pierce then went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. So busy and the menu was like 100 pages.
    Jo got some cheesecake at the end. They had a solid 50 flavors to chose from.

    We had dinner as group minus Pierce cause he has a sore back and potentially infected ear (had water stuck since day 1)
    We went to a nice resturant where we played trivia games on the tablet on the table.
    NEK MINUTE they charge us $2 at the end for playing.
    I wasn’t hungry cause we ate late so I just had a tiny salad and cup of soup cause I knew if I didn’t eat I’d regret it later.
    We walked in and out of shops on our way home - they have 1 million M&M flavors including jalapeños.
    When back we headed to the Beverley’s apartment for a quick stop to say bye as they fly home tomorrow.

    I am so sore. Can’t move without pain. It was a shirts off evening in our room. Didn’t care. Tits flying everywhere.
    Sonali helped me by putting cold towels on my back and when I got up to pee I felt them and I had actually heated them up.

    Dumb American quote.
    *people walking past hawaiian Christmas ornament shop*
    “Oh! Do they have Christmas in Hawaii ???”
    Fuck me.
    Yes you fuckwit.
    Read more