Satellite
  • Day 6

    Day 6

    August 23, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Me and Sonali woke up at 5am to try get in early to book a pearl harbour cruise for 8:45am that day.
    They were full so we went back to bed haha - going tomorrow instead.

    We went to the same resturant as dinner last night so Sonali could have some more of their clam chowder. Our waiter was so bouncy. Its the first time I didn’t feel aggressive about leaving a tip.
    I got some pizza/soup deal. Was tasty.

    I went back to the hotel to chill for a bit before we all (Jo, Pierce and Sonali) headed to the Waikiki aquarium. Caught an Uber even though it’s only 3km. Too hot for that shit. My earlobes are sweating.
    $12 to enter which I reckon is more than reasonable.
    They had some great displays.
    Lots of fluro colored fish and bright reefs.
    I bloody love seahorses.
    Favourite animal was an octopus though. He was a total cranky puss. Kept on charging at the glass trying to attack Sonali.
    I love their sucker feet.

    If I ever win the lottery, my first order of business is to buy a house and install a big ass aquarium wall.

    There was an outside section so their was a sunscreen stand. Crappy honey textured sunscreen. 😭 so thick it won’t rub in. 😭

    Their was a seal having a jolly swim.
    Small aquarium but I still really enjoyed it!

    We got an Uber to a bar near the beach.
    Happy hour time 🎉
    We ordered mango daiquiris for $5 and they were delicious! I couldn’t taste the alcohol!

    We played big 2 to pass a couple hours.
    It was a great afternoon.

    We then headed next door to do a twilight tour at the zoo - cost $20 so I thought sure why not.

    Our guide was wearing leopards print leggings and clown shoes.
    We had a miscommunication over the word frangipani. He called the tree a plumeria tree and told us to stand under it.
    Looking at us like we retarded cause we didn’t know which tree.

    So tour was shit but the others didn’t seem to think it was that bad?
    I’m more disappointed than anything. I want to learn things but how can I expect a super in depth tour when half the American people on tour are supposed a lion eats meat. 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
    Also our guide was wrong on several occasions on being saying the lion was chuffing.
    Only tigers and snow/clouded leopards chuff.
    If I know this he should know this.

    I’d say 1/4 of the enclosures were closed which was lame. It also the guide kept skipping animals.
    We also stood around a lot. If we had walked and talked we couldn’t have seen everything.
    He also only showed the big show animals like lions and hippo - but skipped the porcupines and warthogs.

    Just really irked by the quality.

    I know I talk about Europe too much and it annoys people but it’s so hard not too. It has shaped my opinion on many many things and apart of the norm is to explain why you have an opinion - so often Europe related and I want to put my head in the dirt
    BUT MAN having been on a lotttttt of tours. Quality was POOR. 😂

    Went home to shower then we all went out for Chinese.
    Dickhead house keeping only made up Sonali’s bed.

    Loved the bow chow Min** the lettuce thing
    And the friend rice but the Mongolian beef was disappointing!

    Had a great time at the hotel alone watching tv and sampling peanut butter cups, beef jerky and lollies.

    Got a great night sleep for a change.
    Read more