Satellite
  • Day 3

    Kathmandu

    September 6, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Today we went on a day trip to Bhaktapur which is one of the royal areas I believe.
    Struggling HARD with the Nepalese accent 😓
    So to cut the story short totally not worth the money. 1500 rupees each to enter and $25USD for the tour guide and bus.
    The guide was not good and was on a fucking mission. No real time to stop and actually look.

    It was just a city.

    The highlights of the tour (we went with Lucy and George) were seeing the tallest temple of Nepal, all the small children coming up and saying Namaste, seeing where the royal family took baths, and seeing how local craft is made. We went to a wood making shop (like fancy chests and stuff) , paint shop and watched ladies making pottery.
    We also saw the inside of some Hindu temple. Some fancy shit, you couldn’t take photos, and it had armed guards. You couldn’t enter if not Hindu. We could look through the door though.
    A lot of this city (was a city more than anything) was dilapidated. It had spots of complete beauty though.
    Saw a cool well full of green plants.

    I find it bemusing that the children all dress so smartly in school uniforms yet live in a shit hole.
    It doesn’t match.

    After the tour we had lunch at a rooftop bar. Had a great time and lots of laughs!

    George bought a ridiculous Nepalese hat and wore it all day lol he also INSISTS on speaking Nepalese but I’m 99% he says it wrong cause they dont seem to understand or they laugh.

    We went home and had a nap.

    Had our team meeting. Really like everyone.
    We have Tom, Helen, Anita, George and Lucy.

    We got given all the gear we hired - 1 sleeping bag, walking poles, down jackets and sleep mattress things.

    We also got an Ian Taylor trekking hat.

    I hate my fucking duffel bag. It’s a total cunt 😂
    Can’t fit shit cause I got stuff in packing cubes which I swear by but in this situation it’s not workin so good. 😅 Need help closing my bag every-time. 😪
    Got to bed late - like 10:30. Supper stressed cause it’s a 4:15 start.
    Big day tomorrow!
    Read more