Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Lobuche

    September 14, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ☁️ 2 °C

    7:30 breakfast. Today was the first time we both had all aspects of our lives together BEFORE breakfast.
    We have been doing teeth and sunscreen afterwards but have been last ready every time.

    The start of today was uphill but it chilled out very soon into it.
    A magical 2 hours were had on flatness just spotting wild yaks, looking at flowers and getting some distance smashed out.

    It’s starting to get very rocky. Landslides would be an obvious contributor but it’s just the landscape.

    We had to walk down a wee bit to cross this dodgy looking bridge made of plywood suspended over raging rapids. The yaks when first which help promote its stability. Lol
    It was a beautiful section.

    Up a bit and lunch.
    We all put our orders in and like 6/7 of our orders involved cheese...
    our food comes out
    Oh sorry we don’t have cheese.
    Like that’s totally fine but tell us so we can change our order. I ordered Mac and cheese and got pasta covered in tomato sauce instead.

    Then came the crappy part of the day.
    Very steep section for about an hour but it hurt the lungs. I had to pant my way up.
    Breathing is hard.
    I also took 2 nurofen at the half way point cause I was getting a bad headache.
    It was also half raining half sunshine so super hard to find a comfortable temperature.

    Finally made it 🎉 🎉 🎉

    At the top was the Everest memorials for people who had lost their lives on the mountain - this was my favourite part of the day.
    We wandered around looking and ready headstones for about 20 minutes. Pasang’s friends memorial was there - Baba Chiri Sherpa. He holds 3 world records including the fastest to ever summit, time without oxygen aid (21 hours) and summiting twice in 2 weeks.
    Scott Fischer and Rob Halls memorials were also there along with many others.

    On we went and this section was flat too 🙌🏼🙌🏼
    Visibility is POOR.

    The yaks we use to cart our stuff up the mountains are half cow half yak.

    We finally reached Lobuche which is 5030m/ 16,502ft.
    Can feel it! 😂

    OUR TEAHOUSE WAS THE CLOSEST ONE TODAY 😱
    Very cozy inside and our room is simple but cute. Currently trying not to nap. Big day tomorrow. 2 separate treks.
    Read more