Satellite
  • Day 14

    Periche *

    September 17, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Woke up hating life Lol.
    Specifically the fact that it was 5am, freaking freezing and we had to pack all our shit.

    The yaks were found overnight and on their way 😂

    We finally got out of our tent and snow was everywereeeeee.

    We had small water puddles in our tent and because Will was using my down jacket as a pillow it was wet 🙄 of all the days.. I had no choice but to wear it.
    FREEZING.

    We headed back to Gorakshep for breakfast.
    My legs/thighs hurt today. First time.

    Had brekkie. So over the brekkie. Rock hard butter cannot be spread onto soft bread.

    We walked for hours until we eventually stopped for tea at Lobuche.
    Everyone was done. Everyone. We were all knackered - no one slept overly well at base camp.
    Helen has such a bad headache she cried when asked what drink she wanted.

    From then it was mainly Sherpa flats and downs. There was one down that went for bloody ever I’m surprised we successfully climbed it. Lol
    The weather was terrible. Fog fog fog.
    It was also sprinkling.

    We had lunch at the bottom of the hill at the place who previously had no cheese.
    I got some chips and fed 2 dogs some of the leftovers. One of them had been in a BAD fight and had chunks of its face ripped off. Amazing it’s not infected, even with the cold I’m surprised the dog is going ok. We also saw a cow that had presumably been gouged by a yak horn. Again, no sign of infection just a big ass wound.
    I had a panic when I gave the dogs the chips cause I dropped some and I was scared they would fight for them but they were fine.
    Everyone else hated the wounded dog and was like get it away from me :(

    We walked on and crossed the small suspicious ply wood bridge. Due to the rain the river was ferocious.
    First time putting them on and Will broke his rain pants. 🙄
    Yay for more flats. As we walked we spotted many many yaks. Love them.

    Finally made it.
    Day 1 of 3, 25km days.

    Nice dining area, flat out exhausted and went to our rooms ASAP.

    Our bed is literally a table with a sheet on it 😂
    It also has a toddler blanket ie a is for apple, b is for butterfly etc. lol

    We went back for dinner and everyone was watching the movie ‘Everest’ - we saw the last 40 minutes. I want to watch when home.
    It was cool to see depictions of the characters from the memorials.
    I had Popcorn for dinner, as did George.
    My phone is fucked. It died at base camp because of the cold.
    Good sleep.
    Read more