Satellite
  • Jess' 30th

    November 9, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Drove up yesterday and had a night of chatting.

    Currently waiting for our bus to take us to our HORSE AND CARRIAGE.
    There are only 4 of us because 2 people dropped out.

    I stepped onto the carriage and to my utter DELIGHT there was a dog on board.
    My gasp would have been audible 100m away.
    Our horses name was Bonnie and the dogs was Heidi, who was a chihuahua. I love her 😭😭😭
    clip clip clip clip off we went to the first place - the McGuigan winery.
    I am in disbelief. I liked 80% of the wines. And I mean actually enjoyed not just class them as drinkable.
    Our server lady was called Margot and I think she had just the right level of passion. It wasn’t too much passion that it became unrelatable but she still definitely knew her shit.
    We were there for ages and because he were such a small group we tried like 10 wines. I have learnt today I like dessert wines.
    I ended up buying 3 different bottles of things - as did Jess.
    Clip clip to the next winery we went through the back roads of the vineyards which was pretty.
    The Tamburlaine winery is all organic and next door.
    We had our own private seating area. Our host lady was lovely but the wines were bloody shit except for the dessert wines again. Loving the muscrat dessert wines at both places.
    I’m very glad for the tin we could put what we didn’t want to drink into.
    I hate the dry ones.
    No one bought anything here - we then went
    went to lunch - on the way Cass, Jess and I all had a turn driving the carriage (let’s be honest the horse did everything itself) but still was super responsive - I clicked my tounge as a joke and it started to trot. Oops haha. Jess wasn’t wearing a bra. Bad planning Jessica .😂
    Wonderful little Heidi just sat in her box. The greatest dog.
    We ate at a Thai/Japanese place. Very good food actually.
    We then went to a cheese tasting place. Some truly delicious cheeses but I didn’t buy any cause I just felt if I was honest with myself I wouldn’t use them. We tried about 5. Helen and Jess bought the cow feta with garlic and sun dried tomatoes - my favourite one we tried so I’m hoping they use it for a family dinner one night haha.
    The shop had lots of sauces and jams etc which all look terrific and some were super random flavours like passion fruit butter. You could spend a fortune in there.
    Next door was a chocolate shop we also went into and all came out with something lol.
    I got peanut butter rocky road and PB fudge.
    We did also get like a little sampler thing there too.
    We then popped back to the Roche Estate which is where we had lunch and went to the Tempus two cellar. This one had the worst atmosphere of the lot. The other places hosts all had opinions and could say I like this one or I personally don’t lik this one. The vibe I got from this place was that if our lady said she didn’t like a wine she would get the can. Very business, very fake feeling. In saying that I liked their dessert wine here - everything was starting to taste the same though lolz.
    Next our final wine tasting - a place within the hunter valley gardens. Name to come.
    Wines were a no but we did chocolate sampling with them that when combined was bloody delicous. I ended up buying the lime chocolate. So randomly YUM.
    We also tried caramel vodka, mango and butterscotch liquor and their version of baileys all really good - I wanted to buy the mango and caramel but again couldn’t justify it. I did buy the lime chocolate though.
    These place suck you in cause they don’t sell the stuff they give you in store so it’s a now or never situation.
    You can order but it’s a 6 bottle minimum I believe.
    Everywhere we stopped everyone was so excited about Bonnie the horse.
    I think Jess had a great time and that’s the main thing.
    I had a bloody terrific day too!
    We got dropped back at the hotel (crowne plaza) at 4:45ish and went to our VILLA. For a while we all just chilled out on our phones having down time. It’s a big bloody day.

    I made up a cheese/meats/biscuit plates which we chomped down.

    We played board games all night. We played articulate, spot it, pictionary, the chocolate game and X rated charades.

    Had a fabulous time. So many laughs.
    Articulate is definitely one of my favourites if not favourite game.
    Pictionary wasn’t thaaaaat fun cause it was too easy.
    Spot it was great - definitely going to buy - it fucks with your brain. Great way to keep it sharp I reckon. Hard to explain. It’s kinda like snap but with pictures?

    The chocolate game was fucked - at first we were all trying to be as quick as possible to get the chocolate. By the end we were all being purposely slow cause we felt sick and didn’t want to eat anymore. We ended up with 3 squares left. We just couldn’t eat anymore.

    Charades wasn’t as good as expected. Would be hilarious if drunk and people didn’t give a fuck and just acted it full out.
    Helen acted out multiple orgasms though and I can’t unsee it OR unhear it.
    Jess got it on film too. Just wow.

    Just lots of laughs and comfort - me and cass set up our doonas and blankets on the floor.

    Will is currently looking after Jaxon and is done.
    “It feels like I have been working”
    I am sympathetic but at the same time I’m like well yeah? That’s what every house wife in the history of the universe has said. Raising kids isn’t a paid job but it’s a bloody job. Exhausting little things, children. Also why childcare is a hard industry even if not academic.
    Anyway;
    Just got back from doing a mad vom. Ate too much cheese I reckon hahaha.

    I have had a truly terrific day!
    Read more