Satellite
  • Engagement

    January 29, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 22 °C

    So up until today I have had suspicions.
    Clues:
    -Date night was to a surprise location.
    -We were at Adam Webber’s house the other day I went outside and Adam shushed Will to be quiet. What can’t I know about?? (Adam currently has ring possession- he showed us on NYE so I figured it could be relevant)
    - He was measuring my ring finger against his fingers for size comparison.
    - We moving to QLD - might want to ask so we can celebrate with family before we leave.
    - He got weirdly upset when I said I had packed all m nice clothes and asked what I was gonna wear to date night.
    - He sent me a picture of a ring asking my opinion.
    - He told me I had to be available the day after date night. I thought maybe to tell our families.
    - Told me to look nice.
    - we simply do not do big DATE NIGHT often enough to not be suspicious.

    Spent the day trying to talk myself out of it. I spent 2 hours in the bath giving myself a pep talk. Did not want to end up being disappointed.

    We went to meat and wine Co in the city. We had a delicious starter plate, steaks with amazing mushroom sauce and drinks.

    I had noted he didn’t have bump in his pocket or wallet earlier so at the resturant I was arguing with myself in my head while trying to remain calm and tell myself it wasn’t happening this particular night. He kept using language indicative that we were going home.

    We then went for a walk to get drinks. Honestly if I hadn’t had suspicions I really could have foiled these plans. Getting drinks hardly interests me. Giving him more opportunities to ask does 😂

    CONSTANTLY telling myself to calm down and that it was okay if he didnt ask.

    He then arrived at a door and he said “I also got a hotel room”
    CUE PROPER PANIC.
    when we got to our room and I did a walk around and saw his sports bag already there I was so so so excited. BREATH ANGHARAD.
    We went out on the balcony to look at a wonderful harbor bridge view. When we came back inside he said “this is to say Thankyou for coming to Brisbane with me”

    AND THEN BE GOT DOWN ONE ONE KNEE AND ASKED “ and....WILL YOU MARRY ME”.

    And I believe my response was “I will.” I may have said yes too. I can’t remember I was too busy being delighted that he was asking and noticing if he was on his knee.
    And cue ugly crying.
    I don’t think we kissed. I cling to him like a life boat weeping.

    The ring is perfect.

    I’m fucking delighted.

    BIG SPENDER TONIGHT.
    First of all he tipped $30 at dinner wtf 🤣
    Our hotel is in circular quay. With a harbor bridge view with like a full kitchen and spa bath.

    The ring cost $5500 - Ludicrous.

    Had a bottle of moet prepared and 2 glasses waiting.

    We had a spa bath together 🙊

    I FaceTimed Em and Ash. I went to call mum but decided to wait until tomorrow.

    Will said he has been keeping the ring at work. Checked in earlier today and dropped off his stuff. He remembered to pack me some clothes :) everything except a bra so I’ll be bouncing tomorrow hahaa.
    He also went to mum and dads house because he knew dad could only keep a secret for an hour max but neither were home so he didn’t ask. I dont mind. I’m just happy the surprise wasn’t ruined.
    Will said he asked mum for Lylas ring when we visited Nana over Christmas. He didn’t end up using it because it was poor quality but he got it cleaned for me and gave it back. I’m gonna maybe back earrings or a necklace.
    He also gave me a certificate of authenticity - ring also has his initials carved into it ❤️

    I’m so happy. It’s surreal. I have a fiancé wtf haha

    Classic Will doesn’t want to take photos though 🙄
    He has promised tomorrow. :)

    Can’t wait to tell Nana.

    30.1.21
    Had breakfast at city extra. Wore my ring 🙊 it’s a little big so I’ll need to resize.
    We caught an Uber home then headed to the Pickering’s house. Jess had spoilt the surprise because she got suspicious about date night too lol. So yeah Helen basically yelled I knew it!!
    Helen and Bill seemed genuinely happy.
    We then went to mum and dads. I walked in the door and mum was like show me show me show me.
    Told dad. He seemed a little startled. More time passed the happier he for about the situation.
    Nana happened to call so I told her. She was very happy and made a lovely high pitched noise and asks how he did it. Said it made her day.
    I can imagine her giddiness after she hung up.
    We then went back to Pickering’s to tell Jess but se wasn’t there yet so we called grandma.
    It went along the lines of
    “Grandma, I proposed to Harry last night?”
    “Huh.. what did you say??” 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤣
    She was delighted too.
    Went home and eventually Jess arrived.
    Flashed her my ring. She screamed I knew it and half crash tackle hugged me and cried. She often referred to me as a sister which warms my heart; I love it. I always act super awkward when it comes up though. Haha.

    Told Sonali privately and had a phone chat with her before I made my Facebook announcement:)

    We then had family dinner. Jess had gone and bought us a happy engagement banner and flower balloons (they looked like big pink anus’
    We had a delicious Chinese dinner.
    Dad bought 2 bottles of expensive champagne and we all toasted. Bill did his usual speech and dad did a quick one too. Dads happiness made me teary.
    For once in his life Jaxon was so well behaved. 🙌🏼🙌🏼

    So giddy.
    Read more