Satellite
  • Day 31

    The Lakes District, England

    September 19, 2017 in England ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Couldn't have asked for a better day, mild temperatures and sunny blue sky and wonderful scenery and getting to share it with a great friend. I think the photos tell most of the story. We went to Keswick, Derwentwater where we walked along a path that goes the whole way around the lake, 10 miles in total. If you get tired of walking just catch a ferry back. We only walked a little way because of the paid parking. Everywhere you have to pay for parking, occasionally you might find a spot to park for an hour but you can only use this once a day. It can become quite expensive when you are visiting various locations in one day.
    Then it was onto Ullswater where we took a narrow road around tight corners and up hills to get to Martindale, supposedly to see red deer and the red squirrels. Not one red deer or squirrel, just as well the views were spectacular. Next stop Glenridding for some lunch before heading back through the Kirkstone Pass to Windermere Lake. At one section of the narrow road we had to wait at some lights because of road repairs, we were glad we did because a large bus was making its way up the hill and had a lot of trouble passing.
    Read more