Satellite
  • Day 8

    End of Day Recap

    January 30, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 61 °F

    It might be a bit before I get to the actual end of trip stuff, so might as well just recap today.

    Today was another odds and ends day.

    We had a few goals, and knocked them out really well.

    The only "Big" ride that we had yet to do that we wanted to do, was Dinosaur. It was broken the last time we were at the Animal park (waaaaaay back on Saturday . . . heh heh). So, that's the first thing we did, leaving the vast crowd and going straight for that ride.

    Because we had a fast pass already for Brenda's favorite ride, we could afford the luxury of waiting to do Avatar until the last minute.

    So, did the Dino ride (not as good as Indy in Disneyland) then go straight to the Navi River Ride (a 20 minute wait when we got in, a 70 minute wait when we got out) and then do Avatar.

    I was on one of the ends, which wasn't as much fun, and while I got the smells from the ride (they blast scents every once in a while) my water jets weren't working, so no spray of water :-(

    I did squeeze the mount more, so I could feel it "breathing" and the effects for that were much stronger (which was a blast!).

    Once again we asked politely to ride in the front (and here you probably thought we were just getting lucky all the time) for the Everest ride (which was closed at the earliest portion of the day) and planned out our picture.

    Doing something silly for the picture is a lot of fun, but it can take a bit of prep, and you typically have to "hold the pose" for an uncomfortable period of time, through some of the toughest sections of the ride, but such was our dedication :-)

    Brenda scoring the Magic Kingdom pass was super cool!!! Not only is it a great ride that usually has crazy long lines, but we could also make up for the fact that we got slighted on one of our pictures from the Haunted Mansion. We made up for that big time today, being able to get on the ride in standby in 20 minutes, then seeing the ride spike to 70 minutes after we got a fast pass that got us on in 10 minutes.

    A great way to end our times at the park.

    Dinner was nice, and it looks like we are clearing out at just the right time, as there are a ton of cheer / dance young ladies taking over the resort. They got in some good practice just a little while ago, and they are certainly passionate about making a ton of noise :-)

    We have such an early flight tomorrow that we are going to be departing the resort at 3am . . . ugh!

    Don't look forward to the long day, but I do look forward to seeing my new car, then catching up with the girls!!! We have the weekend to recover, and no alarms (other than fuzzy ones) will be set for Saturday.

    I do have to go into work at some time Saturday, but it will most likely be late in the afternoon!

    Brenda and I are going to try and get some sleep early tonight. It's been an amazing trip and I look forward to recapping the top 10 and sifting through all the pictures.

    Thanks to everyone that helped make this the best birthday ever!!!

    David
    Read more