Satellite
  • Day 1

    Honolulu - Day 2

    April 10, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We had big plans to wake up early (ie: 5am) and catch the bus (Dabus) up to Diamond Head crater to see the sunrise... plans changed when we were woken up at 8.30am by housekeeping. Lol! We must have needed the sleep 😴

    We ended up on the bus heading off to Diamond Head just after 10am. Around 25 minutes later we got off at the Diamond Head State Memorial & made the journey up the hill to the park entrance. Once we'd walked through the tunnel and to the park proper we paid our $1pp entry fee and started the trek to the top. Not for the faint hearted - it is quite steep in parts and there are a number of stairs. However, the view from the top is awesome and well worth the climb.

    The walk back down was a heck of a lot easier and we rewarded ourselves with a shave ice whilst resting in the shady park area that is essentially the middle of the crater. Once we had some more energy, we made our way out of the park & back to the bus stop where we caught the first bus that came along & ended up at Ala Moana Shopping Centre. After our big adventure we were not in the mood for shopping (will save that for another day as it looks like you'd need a day at least to navigate the monstrosity), instead we headed straight back to the hotel where we spent what was left of the afternoon lazing by the pool. Perfect!

    We opted for dinner at the Red Lobster & a cocktail to finish the night at The Study bar at our hotel!
    Read more