Satellite
  • Day 5

    Haleiwa, United States

    April 14, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Today we picked up our hire car and headed up to Hawaii's beautiful North Shore. We headed off early and took the H2 Highway through the middle of the island and after only about 40 minutes, had arrived in this beautiful part of the world.

    We were on a mission to visit O'ahu's best snorkeling spots and opted to go straight to Kuilima Cove near Turtle Bay Resort first. This was a great spot for families and those who are beginners. After an hour or so here we headed back past the Banzai Pipeline to the next stop on the snorkeling express, Shark Cove.

    Shark Cove is beautiful, with crystal clear turquoise water, abundant fish life and even turtles! Paul spent a good hour or so here exploring the waters whilst I checked out the rockpools that abounded with sea life. This was one of Pauly's top snorkeling picks on O'ahu!

    Our next stop was Giovanni's Shrimp Truck for a well deserved plate of Scampi & a tropical smoothie each. Yum! After this, we headed back to Waikiki via the beautiful eastern side (Windward) of the island; a magical drive filled with picturesque bays and towering cliff faces.

    Arriving back at our hotel at around 4pm, we were eagerly anticipating our 6pm dinner reservation at the in-house restaurant, Morimoto's. This restaurant is a signature restaurant owned and operated by Iron Chef, Masaharu Morimoto - our experience did not disappoint!

    For dinner we opted for the 8 course Omakase (degustation) menu as both of us were not skilled in the fine art of Japanese cuisine 😀. At the end of this exquisite, almost 3 hour experience, we both had full belly's and were blown away by the incredible presentation and tastes of each dish. All we could say was, Wow! One of the many highlights added to our trip so far.
    Read more