Satellite
  • Day 10

    The Big Island - Day 11

    April 19, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Today we finally got our trip on the helicopter; Yay! What a way to end our trip in this lovely part of the world.

    We were in the air for 2 hours & 15mins with Paradise Helicopters. Darren, our pilot, took us south from Kona along the coastline doing an awesome fly over of the Green Sand Beach before we headed to the mountains to view the lava fields. We then headed to Hilo before heading north up the coastline viewing incredible sheer cliff faces and waterfalls. Once we were at the northern end of the island, Darren took us in to the beautiful Waipio Valley where we saw the majestic waterfalls, including Hi'ilawe Falls. What an incredible experience!

    We had the best ribs ever for lunch at this little shack in Kona called TJ's BBQ by the Beach (number one rating on Trip Advisor). Yummy! After this we headed back to the Sheraton for rest & relaxtion by the pool. It was wonderul!

    Our holiday comes to an end tomorrow when we fly home to Brisbane. This whole trip has been phenomanal! The only chnge we would have made, is to spend 2 extra nights here on the Big Island allowing us to snorkell & sightsee a little more. I guess we are just going to have to come back...
    Read more