Satellite
  • Day 2

    Singapore

    October 8, 2017 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Today we walked for miles exploring Singapore. We started off by taking a bus to the Singapore Flyer - the world's biggest Observation Wheel. We got there early, & as a result, we ended up with a capsule all to ourselves (normally would hold up to 28 people)! It took 30 minutes to complete one full rotation & wow; what a view! Absolutely stunning!
    Next, we headed to the beautiful Gardens by the Bay via the Helix Bridge & Marina Bay Sands shopping mall - The Shoppes!
    The Shoppes complex was overwhelming, to say the least - with over 270 boutique stores & even Sampan boat rides down the canal running through the complex! We stopped for a drink & Red Velvet cupcake at High Society to centre ourselves & escape the stifling Singaporean heat & humidity (33C today). Once we were suitably refreshed we headed up a couple of levels to experience a Fish Spa - yep, you get your feet & legs washed before plunging them into a pool full of carnivorous little fish that go crazy for exfoliating your feet - kinda creepy & weird, yet strangely enjoyable!
    We walked across the bridge linking the Marina Bay Sands complex to Gardens by the Bay where we began our afternoon of exploring the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen - what an incredible experience! We visited the Cloud Forest & the Flower Dome - both were essentially air conditioned green houses on steroids & were absolutely phenomonal! I am sure they had an example of every single plant & variation known to man on show - most of them grouped by country/region. The colours of the flowers & plants were spectacular!
    Our final stop in the gardens took us to Supertree Grove & the 22m high Skyway, a 128m ariel walkway that connects two of the Supertrees giving us a very different perspective of the gardens. It was awesome!
    After a very 'full on' day we dragged our weary bodies back to the hotel, via the very efficient Mass Rapid Transport (MRT) network, where we fell into bed for an early night in preparation for our next adventure - Sentosa Island & Universal Studios tomorrow...
    Read more