Satellite
  • Day 3

    Singapore (Sentosa Island)

    October 9, 2017 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We had a bit of a sleep-in this morning & had breakfast at around 8.30am - with everyone else 🙄😃; breakfast in Singapore consists of many different options - think curries, noodles & plenty of fried things.
    After our bellies were full, we caught a cab to the beautiful Mt Faber, where our Day 3 adventure began...we were heading to Sentosa Island!
    We boarded our very own cable car carriage for the journey to the island - the view was spectacular! On arrival, we switched to the Sentosa Line and did a loop of the island before alighting at Merlion Station and heading down to Universal Studios. Once in the park we headed straight for the rides & knocked off The Mummy; Battlestar Galactica & Transformers pretty quickly before we headed to the Waterworld show after lunch. Our favourite ride was Transformers - the effects were awesome!
    Walking out of the park in the afternoon we marveled at the stores in the precinct - a junk foodies paradise! - Herschy's, Reece's, Candylicious & Krispy Kreme to name but a few!
    The next stop was the Skyline Luge attraction - we had so much fun here! We flew down the winding course, avoiding all of the "Sunday drivers", before catching the ski lift back up to the top of the hill & doing it all again! Possibly my favourite part of the day 😁.
    We finally boarded our cable car & headed back to the mainland. We were so knackered now, but dragged ourselves back to the hotel via the MRT - when did we become so old? Lol!
    All in all it was another great day exploring this part of the world. Tomorrow we will do a quick victory lap of this green & active city before packing & preparing for the next leg of our journey - Turkey.
    Read more