Satellite
  • Day 1

    From Prague to Kathmandu

    February 14, 2018 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Wooow the first day... just imagine you're entering airport to meet people you've never met and you should be their yoga instructor and guidance for 16 days... weird feelings for me.
    At the airport everybody goes by themselves so we (two ladies for organizations and me) have a time for a beer and talk to each other... both flights were ok. There were no problem during the transport in Istanbul and also the second flight was, also thanks to good Turkish red wine ok. And here were are, the group of 20 people in Kathmandu...finally
    Really? Never, ever thrown out your boarding pass with luggage note in Kathmandu, they'll check it during the leaving...
    But Nepal is so... peaceful and quiet. There's madness of Indian traffic but in combination with Nepal peaceful. Weird but comfortable...
    Our place is good it's old monastery with education for all people, old, young, everybody. we've met each other in the temple. There were a huge puja (celebration) today. To send all the badness away! So afternoon were spent with observation of festival and also of huge fire where was all badness and ego burned.
    In the evening we had Momos, finally amazing food from small local restaurant. It's really funny, you order a food and they are going to shop next to you to buy ingredients, everything is fresh.
    Our first day we ended with local beer and rum on the top of the roof of our hostel. Amazing...
    Read more