Satellite
  • Day 7

    From history to Disney

    October 2, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Another magnificent warm and sunny day. We spent the morning exploring the Sensoji Temple area close to our hotel. It all felt so familiar - having passed through here at least twice each day, but we’d always passed the little shops and stalls without really pausing or buying.

    There were shops selling just brooms and brushes made of straw - and nothing else. Some selling beautiful tiny animals made of blown glass that reminded us or Murano Island, and many selling interesting handmade souvenirs.

    We walked all the way around the Temple and each chose a fortune. Mine was the ‘Best Fortune’... Charley’s a ‘bad fortune’ which made her u happy so she chose another which was slightly better.

    It was impossible for her to believe in a bad fortune today because around mid afternoon, we headed back to the hotel, collected our luggage and took a taxi to the train station bound for Disneyland!

    Mitch was overprotective of his guitar, worried about scratching the case as we traipsed up and down staircases at two stations to change lines.

    Finally- we arrived at the station which links to the Disney resorts and Charley was so excited I was worried she would burst into flame!

    We checked into the hotel - ours is the closest to Disneyland itself and whilst expensive, I think it’s good value - a big room that comfortably accommodates the 4 of us in a bed each... and Mickey accessories everywhere. And then we headed to the Park for the night session, arriving as it got dark.

    Charley has her hit-list of must-see attractions (all the nostalgic rides - Peter Pan, A Small World, Pooh Bear..) and Mitch wants to do the adrenalin rides - but this is Charley’s dream day so her wants came first.

    In the end, Charley and I watched the electric night parade while the others waited in a long queue for Space Mountain... we then had a snack and watched the fireworks by which time a lot of the young children had gone home leaving the Fantasyland rides with a very short queue. So we ticked a few off Charley’s list before the Park closed at 10.

    On the way out we wandered in and out of the many gift shops desperately trying to coax Charley into wanting something for her birthday - but so far nothing.

    So we came back to the hotel, showered and slipped into the matching PJ’s provided by Disney before planning what promises to be a very long day tomorrow.
    Read more