Satellite
  • Day 7

    Sleeping in LA - Part One

    December 21, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    We had such great intentions and we really tried. But we failed.

    The problem was that we flew all through the day and nobody slept, so when we landed at 6am local time, we were already exhausted.

    But the kids were so excited to be here, and had made long lists of places they wanted to go and were determined to make the most of this one day in the US.

    After spending an eternity in the immigration queue, we headed to The Hotel Jeremy on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood - a beautifully appointed, spacious hotel that’s probably the best kept secret in LA.

    Showered, dropped bags and headed to the iHOP for the eggs and pancake breakfast we’d all been craving. As good as we remembered!

    Next we dropped Mitch at the nearby Guitar Centre and the girls and I continued onto The Grove - an upmarket, outdoor shopping mall where we had intended to stay all afternoon.

    But it became clear - after visiting just 2 shops - that the girls has no energy or stamina at all and had to be in bed. So we caught a cab back to Mitch and all returned to the hotel so the kids could sleep while I enjoyed the sunshine by the pool.
    Read more