Satellite
  • Day 9

    Mexican market

    December 23, 2018 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Once Mitch lay down everyone else suddenly needed a rest, so we decided to stay at the hotel for half an hour.

    The girls and I the left Mitch to sleep while we explored the artisanal market. We loved everything we saw - the colours, the clever art, the selection of goods. We bought a few souvenirs and headed back to the hotel as this time it was Charley’s turn to fade.

    Alex and I left Charley to rest with Mitch and we headed out to explore the local streets and get a delicious, cinnamon-spiced hot chocolate at a nearby cafe.

    Alex was bemoaning the difficulty she is having converting the Mexican peso to the $A (14.2 : 1) .. something Mitch manages to do easily in his head (!).
    Alex; ‘I hope something drastic happens to the peso and it becomes 1-1 while we’re here’.

    And so to dinner - another recommendation by our lovely hotel manager - another authentic Mexican restaurant. Chicken tacos for the second night for Mitch and Charley - a more adventurous plate for Alex and I along with the obligatory guacamole.

    We’ve taken to playing Uno whilst waiting for our meal and it gets quite rowdy sometimes. Alex was the victor both games tonight and while we suspect she cheated, she insists that’s not the case.

    Straight back to the hotel tonight.
    Read more