Satellite
  • Day 32

    A day in Longreach

    September 20, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    What a night we had! Cadbury ended up quite unsettled, waking after midnight and pacing up and down for a couple of hours. We took him out a couple of times but when he went out with Gadi he just shot away as fast as he could to our neighbour’s van. In the end we gave him a temazepam to sedate him a little and help him settle. He was fine in the morning but it gave us a bit of a scare especially as he’s getting older.

    Today was Gadi’s turn to sightsee at the Qantas Founders Museum where he took a tour to see the big jumbo 747 and the smaller 707 up close and personal.

    After exploring the Qantas museum he went across the road to the Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame before doing a bit of shopping in town.

    Meanwhile, Cadbury and I spent the day at camp, happy that it was only 31 and not 35 degrees, as yesterday. Unfortunately the strong wind made it almost impossible to sit outside as the wind blew a dust storm across the camp area. We retreated inside most of the day, relaxing and reading. Although I closed some of the windows in the caravan, quite a bit of dust made its way inside settling on every surface.

    Finally Gadi returned, the wind subsided and we had our own little happy hour with some lovely cold white wine, cheese, olives, mini tomatoes and some sweet, cold papaya. This tided is over while I rolled out some pizza dough and added some veggies on top and cooked it (in the Weber of course) for a lazy dinner.

    Meanwhile, a duck came by to say hello and we snapped some pics of Cadbury eyeing off the bird. We also had a visit by the Asian couple who came by yesterday selling vegetables from a little cart (we bought some tomatoes). It was funny watching the little Asian man try to catch the duck!

    Time to head indoors to clean up and chill out!
    Read more