Satellite
  • Day 61

    From River to the Sea- We Found Paradise

    October 19, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We enjoyed breakfast sitting outside by the river this morning, enjoying the relatively morning cool air in the hills. We headed towards the coast and decided to go straight to Mission Beach to see which caravan park would be best.

    We tried the council park first, as despite having old facilities, it’s the only park directly on the beachfront. This park has just been taken over by new lessees and big changes are planned. I have been ringing the last few days but no luck at getting a site. This morning we were really lucky that someone was leaving an absolute beachfront site, and we moved in, no hesitation despite it being a non-powered site. We took one look at the palm fringed beach, with white sand path directly in front of us leading to one of Australia’s best beaches - bonus of Dunk Island straight ahead! We booked to stay for the next week.

    We spent the morning setting up and realizing that the sea breeze and tree canopy above would help us with the heat and humidity. One of our neighbours had picked up a coconut off the beach and kindly let us drink the coconut water and coconut flesh.

    So far today it’s been difficult to drag ourselves away from our magnificent view and beach, so we will leave exploring the area until tomorrow...and the day after...and so on.

    Night night from the magical Mission Beach in FNQ xx
    Read more