Satellite
  • Day 64

    More Beaches & Innisfail

    October 22, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Today we decided to drive to some of the nearby beaches to the north including the gorgeous Bingil Bay, where there is also a small caravan park (with only seven sites) each directly on the pretty, coconut palm fringed beach.

    At Bingil Bay we met a family I’ve been following on Facebook who travel permanently with their two small children. It was very interesting to have a chat, and while we did we got our first look at an ugly cane toad!

    We came back to our little home on wheels to make some lunch and relax under our awning. After lunch I went to nearby South Mission Beach to get some groceries and later in the afternoon we went for a swim in the warm shallows with our blow up body board ready to take on the small waves.

    As I was walking in the shallows I suddenly noticed a stingray in front of me, lying in barely a couple of inches of water. Before I could move, it had scuttled away.

    In the evening we shared a bottle of wine with our new neighbour and I cooked some tortellini pasta with barbecued chicken fillet, asparagus, zucchini and toasted pine nuts.

    Time to shower and wash off all the beach sand and salt and chill out for the evening.

    G’night xx
    Read more