Satellite
  • Day 70

    More of Townsville

    October 28, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today being Sunday, the day started (as usual) with Gadi watching his favourite weekly show, Insiders.

    After a brekky of roast capsicum and scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes and avocado on toast, we headed out to Pallarenda, a beachside suburb in the north of Townsville . The houses in this suburb were bigger and newer than we’d seen anywhere else. We headed further into a conservation area that unfortunately was not dog friendly so we headed south, stopping at a dog-friendly beach, only to find the sand way too hot for Cadbury to walk on, and I had difficulty as well walking in the soft, hot sand in my thongs.

    We went back to our little home on wheels via the grocery store to pick up a few supplies. We ate lunch and chilled out, happy to be in air conditioned comfort.

    Around 5pm we drove half an hour west to Mount Stuart, a popular area for running, mountain bike riding and rock climbing. At an elevation of 584 metres, lwe thought it would make another good spot to see the sunset. Unfortunately, the top of the mountain was inside the clouds so visibility wasn’t great. We walked around the rocky outcrop at the top, admiring what we could see, including the city, suburbs and sea in the distance.

    We drove down the steep mountain and returned to our little home on wheels to make some pasta with zucchini snd pesto for dinner. Time to chill out watching the idiot box.

    Good night, sweet dreams xx
    Read more