Satellite
  • Day 76

    On to Kinka Beach Near Yeppoon

    November 3, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Of course we were the last ones to leave our ‘back of the pub’ stay in Marlborough last night (cos Gadi slept in!).

    It was an easy 90 minute drive to the caravan park we had picked in Kinka Beach near Yeppoon - and not far from Rockhampton. We will stay here 3 nights and may possibly extend our stay.

    We set up the caravan, ate lunch and chilled out for a bit. Then we both had a swim in the lovely bright blue pool (immediately next to our caravan) thinking Cadbury would be ok as he would be able to see us out the window from the bed. Well, he howled as he watched us, so that didn’t work too well.

    Later in the afternoon we went for a drive to check out the area. Kinka Beach itself looked really nice, the beachside suburb appears quiet, with only a motel serving taking away food. We drove north towards Yeppoon along the pretty coast, crossing several rivers along the way. There are a number of long stretches of beach and smaller coves framed by large rocky outcrops. Out to sea we could see Great Keppel, North Keppel and a number of smaller islands, known as the Keppels.

    Yeppoon itself is a large town, with more upmarket houses perched on the surrounding hills. We checked out the impressive (and free) foreshore 2,500 square metre infinity lagoon pool, newly built this year to the tune of $58 million (wow!) and then drove up some of the surrounding hills trying to catch a glimpse of the sunset.

    We picked up some groceries and headed back to our little home on wheels to make bbq lamb shawarma and veggies for dinner, sitting under the awning before chilling out inside for the evening.

    Night night from the Central Queensland Coast xx
    Read more