Satellite
  • Day 104

    Around the Lakes

    December 1, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    After two nights at our little riverside rest spot, today we are continuing our journey south. We debated whether to drive in to Hawks Nest/tea Gardens or to Port Stephens but decided to head straight to Lake Macquarie and drive around the lake, between it and the ocean.

    First stop was Caves Beach where we walked up the soft, sandy path over the sand dunes to the wide expanse of beach. It was a little too windy to make it pleasant to sit down and relax so we headed back to the car and caravan for lunch before continuing around the lake until we found a rest area at Myuna Bay where we could pull up alongside the grass, pull out our chairs and sit by the lake for a while. Cadbury enjoyed chasing sticks into the water before rolling around on the grass trying to dry off.

    We continued on to our chosen stop for the night in Morisset, and did a quick supermarket shop and filled fuel before pulling in to the show grounds. We pulled up to our site to find our neighbours from a couple of nights earlier. We chatted as we set up and I put on a couple of loads of washing, checked out the sunset on the footy field nearby and cooked an easy dinner of quiche and stir fry veggies.

    Time to relax for the evening and check the maps for the best route tomorrow as we head through Sydney.

    Night night xx
    Read more