Satellite
  • Day 4

    Borough Market Eating Tour

    May 20, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Our Borough Market first stop was at Whisky Ginger where we enjoyed a bacon and egg bap in a brioche bun... it needed BBQ sauce but yummy neither the less.

    We then headed off to Bread Ahead to look at the different types of bread they sell and to glance at the doughnuts on display... OMG

    The group was then privileged was a short amount of free time in Borough market, before stopping off for fish and chips at the award winning Fish kitchen where we ate Haddock in a beer batter and Triple Cooked Chips.

    To help the food go down, we enjoyed some more free time at the main side of borough market and this was followed by a sample of the original pork sausage roll courtesy of the Ginger Pig.
    On our route, we passed by Winchester palace, the Golden Hinde and Southwark cathedral. Outside the golden Hinde we tasted some British mead made by the Lyme Bay Winery in Devon.

    We stopped at the Mug House where we had the cheese board which consisted of English Blue Stilton, brie and cheddar, complimented by crackers, grapes and pale ale chutney. We also had a bottle of the Hiver lager and a half pint of the Aspall’s cider.

    Our next stop was by the Tower bridge, where we had the delightful award winning vanilla doughnuts courtesy of Bread Ahead whilst being a lesson on all the strange modern buildings that dotted the River Thames.

    The group then headed off at the Chop house in Butlers wharf where we indulged in sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream and English breakfast tea.
    Fabulous tour❤️
    Read more