Satellite
  • Day 13

    Cornish Coast Experience

    May 29, 2019 in England ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Day 8
    You wake each day unsure of the weather, it was overcast, cloudy and raining intermittently all day today, not so good when your day is based around visiting seaside villages.
    Never the less we’re continued to traverse the country side, our first stop was Dartmoor, which is a moor in southern Devon, England. Protected by National Park status as Dartmoor National Park. It was pouring with rain and ended up being a very short and wet stop.
    We then headed to Plymouth which is a port city in Devon, southwest England. It’s known for its maritime heritage and historic Barbican district with narrow, cobbled streets. Sutton Harbour looked very cold and misty. The Mayflower Steps are where the Pilgrim Fathers set sail for the New World in 1620, many plaques lined the walls detailing names and dates of voyages across the seas. The usual clan gathered at the local for a pint of lager and a rather healthy serve of fish and chips.
    After leaving Plymouth we headed to a little sea side village called Looe.
    Looe is a small coastal town, fishing port and civil parish in south-east Cornwall. Looe is 20 miles west of Plymouth. We crossed the river Tamar by the Torpoint ferry, it was rather novel driving at rather large coach onto the ferry and being surrounded by tiny little cars. Whilst visiting Looe our tour director Keith treated us to what he described as the best Cornish pasties in Cromwell, I can’t say I had eaten one before but it was ok.
    Read more