Satellite
  • Day 6

    Antelope Canyon

    June 22, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Absolutely stunning!!

    After finally cooling off enough to need a sheet around midnight, a fly started bothered me around 4:30am. Already 88 degrees by 8am. Crazy that we arrive during a record heat wave!!

    First tour of the day - light inside the slot was not optimal, but we were able to enjoy it without a hoard of others. Navigated a continuous lineup on the way out. We were all dressed in our Team Aimée shirts. Our guide, Vere ("vair"), was great! She has a daughter spelled Aimee, so she got a kick out of the shirts. She was very knowledgable and we enjoyed leaning some Navajo history as well as the canyon itself. Light was getting good on the way out. Showered off the dust, picked up a few groceries and refueled in Page, then hit the road.

    Stopped at Navajo National Monument - off the planned 'tour,' but well worth it. Watched a great video about Betatakin and viewed the displays. Kids received their Navajo NPS badges!

    Crossed into Utah within the Navajo Nation - lost an hour as they are not on DST. Stopped at Sonic in Keyanta for more slushies. *Only* about 101 today! :-)

    ~A
    Read more