Satellite
  • Day 7

    Koloa - Poipu

    March 10, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We had to check out of Kauai Beach Villas this morning so we decided to spend the day at one of our favourite beaches, Poipu Beach Park. On our way we stopped at Koloa Rum Company and tasted 4 different rums, later buying 2 bottles of John's favourite....Coffee Rum.

    At the beach I witnessed a pregnant monk seal come ashore. She was 400-500 pounds and isn't due to give birth until August. Some tourists wouldn't stand back the recommended 50 yards so the seal became stressed and had to be assisted back into the water. Ignorant tourists! There was another monk seal resting on shore that had been roped off for protection. The water was warm, clear and excellent for snorkelling. There were so many different coloured fish. Snorkelling in Hawaii is always an amazing experience. We shared a picnic table with a retired couple from Boise, Idaho and had an interesting conversation about the immigration issues each country is facing (Thanks to A&J for sharing their knowledge!).

    We spent the night in a one bedroom unit at Kapaa Shores as I couldn't get consecutive timeshare weeks. I used a Bonus Night plan that is offered by my timeshare company, Vacation Internationale, so it was a real deal at $65 per night.
    Read more