Satellite
  • Day 42

    Weston - on the Edge of the Everglades

    February 9, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    It was moving day....from Fort Lauderdale to the City of Weston, just 34 km straight west. Because we had to checkout by 10 and couldn’t checkin to the new place until 4, we went to the Sawgrass Mills Mall. It was exhausting, even for me, with more than 350 stores! I logged 12,000 steps dodging the Saturday afternoon mobs of shoppers with the added benefit of some good deals.

    I’ve been careful to watch where I’m walking and haven’t had any other falls. As an unexpected bonus, in the past week I found a dollar bill, a cheap bracelet, a lottery scratch card worth $2, and narrowly avoided walking into a 1 1/2 foot green lizard that scuttled across the sidewalk directly in front of me!

    Our new resort, Vacation Village at Weston, is a large resort complex that I stayed at 3 years ago. We are on the 4th floor of a high rise in a nice one bedroom updated unit. I think there have been too many moves for JS as he tried to get into a condo on the third floor (which is the floor we were on last week). Security was called and they were able to confirm that he was a registered guest but was on the wrong floor. I had the biggest belly laugh when he told me about this incident!
    Read more