Satellite
  • Day 47

    Back again in Cabanaconde

    November 15, 2017 in Peru ⋅ 🌬 8 °C

    From the viewpoint, I walked back to Cabanaconde along some lush green fields and was at the main square by about 12 pm. I went straight to one of the restaurants and had my lunch of Spagetti Arabiata with 2 huge glasses of fresh cold lemonade. That got the body temperature down and was very refreshing.
    After that, I went to make enquires about the bus schedules for our plan for the coming 2-3 days. Then I was back at our hostel and checked into a room to relax.
    About 4:30 pm Hristo came back. He was totally exhausted and walked in like a zombie. The look on his face confirmed my decision of not going to Tapay before the day's trek. He was totally pooped and looked in pretty bad shape. He had seen some very interesting sights in the ruins, there was even a huge pile of ancient human bones in one of the places but the walk, the sun and the lack of water had taken a pretty bad toll. After resting for a while and freshening up, we went for our dinner in the main square. We took a S/ 15 menu with soup and main dish. After the food, Hristo seemed to recover a bit from the tiredness and nausea. Hopefully, a good night's sleep would complete the recovery of the muscle aches as well. We went back to the hostel to sleep early.
    Read more