Satellite
  • Day 55

    More car rentals

    November 23, 2017 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    We woke up at 8 am and went to check the 2 other car rental options. We had till 12:45 as that was the time for Hristo's dental appointment. Luckily, both of the rental companies were quite near the dental clinic so we walked to Benmax. They too had a 4x4 vehicle and were a bit cheaper than Hertz (there only other feasible option we had). We took the quotes and then went looking for the Viva car rental. We entered the building where the rental was supposed to be and ended up in a girl's college. A panicked warden and an assistant came over to show us out before we could explain we were looking for a car rental and it was marked in this location in our gps maps. 😁😁😁The guy told us that its must have been long time ago and now all the buildings were owned by the college. He mentioned an alternate car rental in one of the hotels nearby.
    We walked in the given direction but couldn't find the hotel mentioned. We any case decided to ask in one of the hotels on the main street. The people at the reception spoke English and were very helpful. They searched for all the car rentals in Arica for us. We found out that there was Econorental a few kms outside of Arica that we had missed checking with. The receptionist even called them and found out for us that the daily rental for a 4x4 was 51000 CLP there. This was quite a bit cheaper than any other options we had, so we decided to check this out after the dental appointment.
    So, now we had an hour left before the appointment so we decided to check out the sea lions near the city center that Diana had mentioned to us 2 days ago.
    Read more