Satellite
  • Day 104

    Interpretative trail

    January 11, 2018 in Chile ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Back from the lake, we wanted to avoid going via the parking so that we don't meet our van driver. It was already 3:10 pm and we still had 2 small trails ledt to do. After paying so much as the entry fee for the national park, we didn't want to miss tjem just because the driver wants to get an early off.
    Unfortunately, we came out straight in the parking and the driver saw us. We tried to ignore his calls and continued walking towards the trail no. 3. He continued calling after us and then when we didn't respond, ran after us. He caught up with us when we were already a few meters in the trail. He told us to come so we could leave. We told him clearly that, that had not been the arrangement. We had wanted to do all the trails and had even confirmed that we would start back around 5 pm. The lady at the informacion center had said so, the lady organizing the drop and pickup too had said the same and even the owner lady had confirmed. So, the message was clear, we would not be leaving till we are done. He threatened that he would leave us and go now. To which we told him that he could go if he wanted, we didn't care. He started back in a huff and then suddenly remembered that we had not paid for the trip so he came back again after us and told us to pay 2000 CLP per person for the drop off. We told him that we were not going to pay anything since the agreement was a drop off and pickup and if he broke that agreement, then we were not obliged to pay anything. He threatened that he would report us to the police and they would catch us when we returned. We told him to do whatever and that we would continue with our treks. He left after that and we continued with our walk.
    The track was an interpretative trail with boards marking the interesting geological points. There were a lot of geological remnants of the glacier receding over many thousand years and they had made it quite interesting with a lot of information. We had to pass through very narrow gaps between rocks and below fallen rocks forming a tunnel.
    Read more