Satellite
  • Day 71

    Scamander Sanctuary holiday park

    April 13, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Well after 7 nights off grid at the Lagoon beach we have moved about 30kms towards St Helens so that we can book into a caravan park (good deal stay 3 nights only pay for 2) as we need to do some laundry and Kay reckons I could do with a shower or two (that was a bit rude I thought) and she won’t accept my excuses of trying to save the planet by reducing water usage and not harming nature with all these soap pollutions.
    But it is nice here as the sites are quite large and the amenities are like new, the showers are free although they are on a push button timer which allows you 7 minutes this is way more than the norm and they say if you want longer you just have to wait a minute then you can have another 7mins. (timed showers seems to becoming the norm at caravan parks in Tasmania and some actually charge you extra, around $2 per 4 minutes)
    We could have stayed off grid if we had really wanted to if we used a laundromat or our generator to run our onboard washing machine and yes I could have used our onboard shower, but as Kay has already done 7 loads of washing and we have both showered and refilled our water tanks I think this way is best before we go off grid again for another week or so.
    Read more