Satellite
  • Day 6

    La Digue

    January 11, 2017 on the Seychelles ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Yesterday and today were another two days with a full work program. Usually the evening when we finally finish work, I just try to be strong enough to clean my make up, take a shower, brush my teeth and fall into my bed. The handover with my colleague is really very intense, and when I think "oh but tomorrow must be a bit more relaxed", then actually the next day is just even more exhausting.
    Today we went to the other two bigger islands, Praslin and La Digue so that I get a picture about the hotels there. Thanks god the ocean was quite calm, even if in the rain season which is now, it could have been a lot more agitated. From the main island Mahe to Praslin it tooks around an 1 hour with the ferry line Cat Coco (cute name, isn't it?!) and from Praslin to La Digue with the ferry line Cat Rose maybe another half an hour.
    La Digue is the smallest from these 3 islands, and it's also known as the calmest. There are no cars, just bikes. You can rent bikes in the several bike rental places or at your hotel. There are also donkey carriages, so it's like as time stood still on this island and that you are actually living in the past century.
    The hotels are also smaller, there are some boutique style hotels for romantic getaways and also some guest houses for young people who like to be close to the nature.
    I really liked Le Domaine de l'Orangerie which is in a picturesque setting in a garden where it smells like orange flower. I also loved the rooms with the open showers, very nicely designed. There was an amazing view from the spa: the massage beds facing the wonderful ocean view from the top of the property. It really took my breath away.
    Read more