Satellite
  • Day 18

    La Misère Seychelles

    January 23, 2017 on the Seychelles ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We also had a lot of fun driving around, as I am still very funny with driving on the left side, and I have not much of an idea about things other as Beau Vallon and Victoria. There are different roads going uphill and then down hill and crossing the island horizontally. These roads go through the lush vegetation, kind of a jungle. So we drove to Hotel Constance Ephelia, through La Misere...it was really a bit of a "misery" with all those steep streets, and so many curves. There is a great viewpoint- you can see the islands of St Anne Marine Park and Eden Island also.
    On the way back I chose to take Sans Souci road. I had high hopes that the road will be "Without worry"...well it was very long and even more curvy as the other one. But at least not much traffic. Then I got back to Victoria and then I was on my usual way direction Beau Vallon. It even started to rain, it was dark...then the bus stopped in the middle of the hill and the car in front of me also stopped and I was stuck there at the worst place. Like on a really steep street...and then cars behind me, and I couldn't start because I was so much stressed that I'm gonna slide down and crash the car behind me. Fear of all the women driver came true...Special thanks to my ex colleague from whom I took the car over: she found one of the few cars on the Seychelles which has a manual gearbox. Well...after I asked for help from the guy behind me, and showed my blonde hair, they were more patient behind me. So finally I could start on my own, without crashing anyone behind me. Successful day, I guess...
    Read more