Satellite
  • Day 7

    Adelaide Arrival

    December 29, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Today was a relatively short travel day with only 140km to Adelaide. It just so happened we HAD to cross through Barossa so of course a couple more wine tastings were called for. Our first stop was Murray Street Vineyard in Greenoch. I had tried one of their reislings over 3 years ago and thought if I had the chance I would visit them to try more of their wines. In the interim the vineyard has been sold and they no longer make a reisling.

    Luckily they had a fabulous setting and a delicious tasting platter with local goodies so decided to stay. We sat under the grape canopy and had a lovely hour tasting some local wines and eating delicious treats. They managed to find some 9 year old reisling they offered to me at $8 a bottle so I took 6 as a risk.

    The next stop was a family business slightly off the beaten track. Sieber wines are situated on a 2000 acre sheep and cropping farm that has been in the family for 3 generations. Val was delightful even though she was slightly distracted trying to organise a visa for China for a trade trip in 10 days. The wines were lovely but really she was the main star of the show. The view from the property was incredible.

    Then it was a short 60km to Adelaide. The caravan park is really close to the city but also packed so we can almost touch one lot of neighbours. We did some grocery shopping and then sat down to try the aged reisling. We were pleasantly surprised and it is a very good drop for what we paid. We watch everyone coming in and setting up and the highlight was a koala wandering the lane heading home. So not we expected to see in Adelaide at all.
    Read more