Satellite
  • Day 8

    Eden

    December 28, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    So far we have had beautiful weather in Eden with the temperatures significantly improved from Lakes Entrance. Yesterday was a day of discovery we biked around Lake Curalo which is bit like an estuary. Obviously there has been no rain and the lake entrance was closed to the sea. It made things a little smelly and a whole pile of dead fish where the water had obviously become way too salty.

    We then walked into the town which was a bit of an uphill climb and especially warm when the sea breeze disappeared. Not a hugely exciting little town and almost completely over run by visitors. In the afternoon I had my first swim of the holiday in the sea which was much warmer than I anticipated.

    We raised a gin to my Dad who would have been 80 yesterday and had a good catch up with Mum on the phone. The humidity was up so was a lovely night to go out to the beach to check out the stars in the dark.

    Today we did a beach walk before breakfast . We discovered yesterday lovely Melbourne friends Del and Pete happened to be staying just up the road in Merimbula and were able to come for lunch. Such a bonus to be able to spend some time with them and a perfect holiday lunch, couple of bottles of wine and delicious nibbles.

    A storm came in while Del and Pete were here which cooled things off and gave us the perfect excuse for a little afternoon nap after they left, we have totally slipped into holiday mode.
    Read more