Satellite
  • Day 76

    Day 13- Release imminent

    October 8, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    With only a day to go before we leave our thoughts are focussed on the countdown. We still have a day of work ahead of us but we also will pack and move all the furniture back to original placement. Our second test results were slipped under the door this morning with negatives. Funny that having a negative result is a positive outcome.

    So with the result starts the exit process. Tonight we received our exit plan. A final health check as we leave the hotel. From there we are going to transfer a couple of blocks up the road to another hotel. Big difference is that we can leave whenever we want to and no masks required.

    Todays food was a highlight. Due to popular demand (you know who you are) we ordered congee just to please the readers. Congee is a savoury rice porridge looking food that appears to be available for any meal. We did try it. It was savoury with a soup flavour but the after-taste was more like stale bread. At least we tried it. The other meal was bacon and eggs. Tough choice really!

    Lunch was a lamb wrap which was really good and then our last meal tonight was steak which was as tender as last week. But even with the best food today does not give us any incentive to stay around any longer than we need to.

    Since we arrived we have really noticed the kiwi accents. Admittedly they are stronger up north where we are due to the Pacific Island influence but we have enjoyed not copping flak when we say our room number (sux-one-three).

    Tomorrow we will update this blog in freedom, no masks, and having had a restaurant meal in a restaurant with other people. This is foreign to us after nearly 7 months of restrictions.
    Read more