Satellite
  • Day 127

    DUBUQUE, IOWA

    August 4, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Home. The heartland. Middle America. Have been too busy seeing family to write- even though there's plenty to write about: pickleball tournaments, ghillie suits, fireworks, shooting real guns at the range, vertical jump, Aunt Sara's air hockey table, basketball, cinnamon buns, frisbee games, sticker game charts.... and the plans continue.

    2 SEPT
    Sigh. Always sucks to say goodbye. But we were extremely fortunate to be able to spend so much time in ‘Murica with the fambily. Been too busy winning stars on the star chart to write about all our trips to the batting cage, mini-golf, giving Sara & Alin’s new dog Tyson lots of love, Heritage Trail, Galena, Runs of Death with the airsoft guns, baking pumpkin pies with grandpa, playing Pass the Pigs & rummy with grandma, winning a fortune in BINGO, lighting off Eric’s fireworks, biking up and down the street,spilling BB pellets at Walmart, tetherball scars, canoeing down the Maquoketa with Sophie & Pans, & Sara, eating Uncle Mark’s chokkie bikkies, more pickleball, solving puzzles (so many!), Beecher’s ice cream and Mines of Spain....

    It was brilliant and lovely and I’m always sad to say ‘see ya’ to Dubuque.
    Read more