Satellite
  • Day 389

    Mud maniacs

    January 9, 2021 in Kenya ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Another one of these days where plans don't work out as expected. Who the fuck invented plans at all? I have the impression that they actually never work out. Why do we stress ourselves with meaningless plans? Just stop making plans, for Beelzebub's sake.
    Shortly after departure from the dam I meet people in a crappy front-wheel-drive Toyota who got stuck in an impressive mud bath. While I turn my car and pull them out ... there arrives the same model of crappy car from the other side and ... gets stuck as well. Am I stupid? Why do they go here with these shitty cars? Don't they see the mud? What is there to be overseen? Unfortunately the first car's motor died and we could not get it back to life. I am the only one with a recovery rope so I agree to pull them back 10 km out of the forest onto the tarmac road where they can find a mechanic to fix this pile of crap. Oh boy, just don't look into the engine bays of these cars. Everything is improvised. It's a miracle that they manage to run at all.
    After that I drive back into the forest, fly over this mud and continue in direction of the great rift.
    Read more