Satellite
  • Day 28

    More reflections by Bern

    August 28, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    English people are unerringly polite...except if you jump a queue.

    England is the home the big breasted woman.

    Women tend to not wear jeans. They wear slacks. Often red.

    Toast is only waved over the toaster, making it more bread really.

    I love how kids call their parents mummy and daddy not mum and dad and that 12 year old boys hold hands with their dads.

    Public Gardens are used by thousands of families every weekend. Kids roll down hills, splash in the rills. Rain makes no difference.

    English couples, always have a fold up chair. Open up the boot, pour the tea from a thermos and voilà, you have a cafe. If it’s raining, there are always umbrellas.

    I have seen it all. At the Fox Inn there is a dog menu. Dogs rule.i think I have developed an allergy to dog hair.

    No other country can claim ownership of a river named Piddle which runs through Puddletown, which was originally called Piddletown. Confused?
    The towns south of the river didn’t like the connotations of the word piddle in their name, so they changed their name to Puddletown, Tolpuddle etc while towns north of the river kept the piddle in the name, Piddletrenthide and Piddlehinton. Piddle do Puddle, you choose.

    A wonderful country
    Read more