Satellite
  • Day 38

    Well that wasn"t Planned

    September 7, 2018 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Dropping the car off Friday proved one of the worst drives of the entire trip.
    Manchester Airport has two major feature; roundabouts and car parks.
    You miss a turn and it’s 4 roundabouts to get back on track. We are not talking your, “I’ll just drive over it Sydney roundabout. We are talking roundabout the size of small European countries connected by M roads that no doubt all make sense if you are on drugs or if it isn’t raining. It was raining and we definitely need an alcoholic afterwords. What was a 2 mile drive turned into an extended trip of Britain.

    Did find hotel evenetually then went to return car.

    Agreement was return car with full tank.
    Not a problem, there are two petrol stations at the airport.
    There were two petrol stations at the airport.
    Of course they are now closed and boarded, probably to build more parking

    No were not going on search of another, will just pay for tank topup.

    As the man at return said, “That’s not a good idea.”

    They charge you a premium, a 100% premium.

    So £53 poorer but much crankier all bags are packed and it only remains to be up at 4am to fly to Berlin.

    Drove about 2,150 miles and know English lanes much to well but had a great time.
    Read more