Satellite
  • Day 8

    On Lake Windermere

    June 27, 2018 in England ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Today we travelled on Lake Windermere to Lakeside where we changed boats. After the
    Very pleasant boat rides in ideal conditions we had a vintage train ride which took us to Haverthwaite. This was a tourist destination. On the platform there was a guy with his four owls which were chained to their poles, but were tame enough for some people to pat them.
    According to information given to us on the train it was supposed to be 150 yards to a lookout. The 150 yards may have been a vertical measurement, and it would not be classified as an easy walk. But the view was excellent. After that feat we treated ourselves to Thunder and Lightening icecreams. By this stage the temp was approaching 30 deg c.
    On the return leg via Bowness we saw a large number of swans, geese and other birds waddling around in the shallow water. A bit further on we met a retired pilot who was quite a character. During the day we saw four aircraft doing low runs over Lake Windermere. Keith seemed to know quite a bit about these exercises.
    In summary a delightful day with wonderful scenery and weather and good company.
    Read more